Looking for an adventure-packed vacation in the Lowcountry? Look no further! We have compiled a comprehensive Charleston Tour list to explore every corner of our beloved city. From a carriage tour to walking tours and more, you will immerse yourself in all Charleston has to offer. Our list is full of fun activities for the whole family!
Want to find more great things to do in the Lowcountry? Start by accessing your free Isle of Palms & Charleston Travel Guide. It contains over 100 activities and attractions to enjoy in the area. You’ll love this guide!
The Best Charleston Tours By Type
- Charleston Culinary Tours: Embark on a culinary journey through Charleston’s finest restaurants and bars. Sample the best food and drinks while learning about the city’s rich history.
- Savor the Flavors: This walking tour takes you through the streets of historic downtown Charleston, stopping at various eateries to sample the local cuisine.
- Holy City Sinner Pub Crawl: Explore Charleston’s nightlife scene with this pub crawl that takes you to some of the city’s most popular bars.
- Charleston Brewery District: The Charleston Brewery District Trolley has been a hit with the locals! Enjoy the free hop-on/hop-off shuttle every Saturday from 1-9 pm so you can visit Charleston’s most exciting downtown breweries.
Ghost & Lighthouse Tours
- Bulldog Tours: Discover Charleston’s haunted past with a variety of ghost tours, including walking tours, graveyard tours, and haunted pub crawls.
- Ghost City Tours: Take a spooky stroll through historic downtown Charleston with experienced guides who share chilling tales of ghosts and hauntings.
- Morris Island Lighthouse: A member of the National Register of Historic Places, Morrsis Island is a Folly Beach icon that is a must-stop.
- Sullivan’s Island Lighthouse: While you can’t tour the lighthouse, it is definitely worth the visit! Due to structural issues, it is closed to the public, but the walk on Sullivan’s Island is worth the trouble.
- Free Tours by Foot: Experience Charleston’s history and culture on foot with these informative walking tours led by knowledgeable local guides.
- Historic Charleston Walking Tour: This tour covers all the must-see sights in historic downtown Charleston, including Rainbow Row, Battery Park, and more.
- Charleston Strolls: Enjoy a historical tour with passionate tour guides to learn all the history of Charleston on foot.
- Charleston Pirate Tours: Experience Charleston’s rich history with Carribean pirates by reliving the Golden Age of Piracy on a pirate tour.
- Old South Carriage Company: Sit back and relax as you take in the beauty of historic downtown Charleston on a horse-drawn carriage ride.
- Carolina Polo & Carriage Company: Learn about the city’s rich history while riding in style on one of their elegant carriages.
- Palmetto Carriage Works: The oldest carriage tour company in Charleston, Palmetto offers mule or horse-drawn carriage tours of downtown.
- Classic Carriage Works: A full-service carriage company, Classic Carriage Works offers everything from private to public tours.
- Barrier Island Eco Tours: Explore the natural beauty of Isle of Palms with these eco-friendly boat tours that take you through marshes, creeks, and wildlife habitats.
- Tidalwave Watersports: Get up close and personal with dolphins, sea turtles, and other marine life on their guided kayak tours.
- Adventure Harbor Tours: Take a scenic boat ride around Charleston Harbor while learning about its fascinating history from knowledgeable guides.
- Coastal Expeditions: The premiere tour company to see the Atlantic bottlenose dolphin, Coastal Expeditions offers a wide variety of tours leaving form the Isle of Palms.
Where to Stay Near the Best Charleston Tours
Whether you’re looking for foodie adventures or ghostly encounters, there is something for everyone in Isle of Palms and Charleston. Book your tour today for an unforgettable experience! Looking to stay in the area on your next visit? For the most exclusive Isle of Palms vacation rentals, choose East Islands Rentals.
Our vacation rentals are spacious and luxurious, offering the finest amenities, close beach access, breathtaking views, well-equipped kitchens, cozy living spaces, and more. We also work with top guest service companies to provide you with everything from beach chairs and baby equipment to groceries and golf carts.